Board of the 2019/2020 biennium takes over management of HRCPP
The beginning of 2019 marks a new management at the Hospital Regional do Câncer de Presidente Prudente (HRCPP), aimed at consolidating the High Complexity care (surgeries and hospitalizations), along with accreditation through the Unified Health System (SUS). The mandate of the board of directors that conducted the hospital’s activities as from January 1, 2017 ended on December 31, 2018, with a positive balance in relation to the achieved achievements.
From hospital equipment to the Certificate of Benefit Entity of Social Assistance in the Health Area (CEBAS), the HRCPP was successful during the 2017/2018 biennium, such as:
1) Installation of the Research Ethics Committee (CEP) of HRCPP, being the first hospital in the city, with the presence of Jorge Venâncio, president of the National Commission for Research Ethics (Conep);
2) Presentation of the clinical staff of the HRCPP, with more than 30 professionals in the fields of clinical, surgical and pediatric oncology;
3) Finalization of the exchange of 5,777 hospital lamps, by led light bulbs, through the Energy Efficiency Program (PEE), in partnership with Energisa and VA Engenharia, representing the economy 56.6% in lighting and evaluated in 600 thousand reais, however, at no cost to the hospital;
4) Carrying out preventive mutilations in partnership with the Association of Support to the Cancer Carrier (AAPC), which offered its mobile unit to perform cervix examinations;
5) Silver Card delivery to the president of the 2017/2018 biennium, Antonio da Cunha Braga, representing the services provided by the HRCPP Board to the community;
6) Transfer of the amount of 6.8 million reais: the amount is part of an agreement, claimed by the Board of HRCPP to the then Governor of the State of São Paulo, Geraldo Alckmin. The first installment was granted by Márcio França, who took over the government in the second half of 2018, through Deputy Ed Thomas. At the end of his term of office, France released the transfer of the second tranche, deposited on January 3, 2019. The transfer allows the equipping of the Diagnostic and Image Center of the HRCPP;
7) Announcement of the installation of the Hospital Imaging and Diagnostic Center and a mobile unit – a cart that will be acquired in early 2019 and equipped to circulate in the 45 municipalities of the Regional Health Department 11;
8) Emergency agreement between the City of Presidente Prudente (SP) and the HRCPP for the accomplishment of 1,500 examinations of breast ultrasound, seeking to reduce the waiting queue in the region;
9) The participation of the HRCPP in the Meeting of the Parliamentary Front in Defense of Health, which sought alternatives to manage the lack of beds in the general hospitals that serve the region. At the time, Braga presented the strategy of centralizing cancer care at the HRCPP, since the institution is fully ready and equipped to perform care;
10) Start of minor surgeries in the institution, totally free and funded through donations, events in favor of HRCPP and the transfer of the Certificate of Contribution SP Cap;
11) Start of care for patients and staff in the hospital kitchen;
12) Social Highlights Award 2018/2019 of the National Meeting of Extension (Enaext) of the National Research Meeting (Enepe), for the relevant services provided in the projects “Flor em Pele – skin care in oncology” and “Channel on YouTube as a corporate tool : pilot experience of journalistic production “;
13) Election and definition of the new HRCPP board to conduct hospital activities in the 2019/2020 biennium;
14) Start of the telemarketing service of the hospital, with the purpose of increasing the number of calls in the institution;
15) Meeting of the HRCPP Board with the current Minister of Health, Luiz Henrique Mandetta, presenting the hospital and seeking to strengthen accreditation through the Unified Health System (SUS), enabling the hospital to initiate care in high complexity and, consequently, , is in full operation.
Challenge of new management
With the hospital fully ready, one of the main challenges of the new Board is the beginning of High Complexity care, such as large surgeries and hospitalizations. For this, the HRCPP seeks the support of the community, with the public agencies and, mainly, the accreditation through SUS to start the full operation.